The esteemed Brink Brickly is recently returned from the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa. There he saw GOP luminaries Huckabee, Jindal, Perry, Santorum, Cruz & more as they wooed conservative advocates in the key early state.
We examine Brink’s experience and look to the potentially-presidential future in the following manners:
- Senator Rand Paul didn’t make an appearance at the shindig. Brink is displeased. We analyze the differences & similarities between Ron & Rand.
- Seeing all the gents speak, Brink breaks down the top three speeches in his estimation. He was impressed with the Texas Governor’s presentation, but not as unerringly rapturous as some of the other post-event commentary was.
- Canadian Ted Cruz was masterful, yet was upstaged by his father.
- Mike Huckabee makes Brink feel safe. I note that this – along with wearing lots of earth tones – was a central tenant of the Gore campaign.
- Brink was impressed with the need to unite all the conservatives behind one candidate this time. He also feels that the candidates themselves feel that is key as well.